The first Volunteering Strategy came to an end in December 2020. To continue its success and achievement, planning commenced on the development of a second Volunteering Strategy for 2021 to 2027. The development process was designed to build on the work of the first Volunteering Strategy and ensure volunteering remains vibrant and strong in South Australia.
A four stage consultation process was undertaken:
Stage 1 – COMPLETED
- April 2020 – Consultation opened for the volunteering sector, volunteers and members of the community to provide feedback (YourSay from 6 April to 29 May 2020)
- May 2020 – Consultation opened to gather student feedback on what they feel is important to be considered in our planning (Have your say about student volunteering survey from 18 May to 12 June 2020)
Read the full report: VSSA Stage 1 Surveys and submissions Report or Key findings_Stage 1 survey findings.
Stage 2 – COMPLETED
- July 2020 – Second survey and targeted online focus groups with key stakeholders to set high-level goals.
Complete the online survey to help address issues identified in Stage 1 consultation. Survey closed 5pm, Wednesday 22 July 2020.
Read the full report: Stage 2 Report – Qualitative research findings
Stage 3 – COMPLETED
- September 2020 / March 2021 – Development of second Volunteering Strategy document and feedback from key stakeholders, volunteering sector, volunteers and members of the community on draft strategy.
- Have your say on the draft strategy to support and enhance volunteering in South Australia. Submissions close 5pm, Friday 26 March 2021.
Stage 4 – COMPLETED
- 17 May 2021 – Public release of second Volunteering Strategy and governance structure.
Stay up to date
If you want to stay up to date on the development of the Volunteering Strategy or receive other volunteer information please subscribe for regular email updates.