We are happy to launch our new website! Why is Volunteering so Important? The nature of volunteering is constantly changing and as a community, South Australia depends on over 900,000 volunteers to support the provision of essential services and help maintain community wellbeing. We want to ensure that the number of volunteers continues to grow,…
We are responsible for investing in the foundations of volunteering. This focus area will ensure that volunteers are welcomed and valued by society and are given the opportunity to develop according to their individual abilities, needs and aspirations.
Project Team One aims to ensure volunteers are:
- welcomed and valued by society
- respected as contributing members in their communities
- given the opportunity to develop.
- Helen Bates, Seaford Ecumenical Mission
- Julie Bonnici, Meals on Wheels SA
- Peter Heyworth, Northern Volunteering
- Lauren Lewis, Animal Welfare League SA
- Nadia Moffatt, Disability SA Business Services / Brain Injury SA board member
- Natalie Morris, Office for the Public Sector – Department of Premier & Cabinet
- Golda Munro, Girl Guides Association
- Roxanne Withers, City of Playford
- Julie Woodhall, Department of Correctional Services
Download The Volunteering Strategy for South Australia 2014-2020
This volunteering strategy is a practical blueprint for action over the next three years, which will bring real and lasting improvements to the volunteer experience for South Australians.